Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Um...Ok

Today, while I and everyone else in my first class of the day were waiting for class to start, there was an interesting conversation taking place. It was whether or not breast feeding babies was a good practice to hold. There's nothing wrong with that discussion but since it's a small class there was almost no way to miss hearing what's said. The only reason I'm posting this is because there was this one younger woman who was adamently against the practice. I'm glad that I didn't say it but I thought of saying while pointing at her chest "What do you think those are for, decoration?" If I had said that I'm sure that I might have gotten in so much trouble with her. The only reason that I can think that the subject of breast feeding even came up is that I think that one of the women in the class is pregnat. Normally, I try to mind my own bussiness and not to be too forceful with my opinion. At least when dealing with people who don't know me well enough to take it the wrong way. But in my opinion if babies, of any species, weren't meant to be breast feed to at least some degree than why do the female members of the species have the capability to breast feed their children?
|