Monday, June 12, 2006

"What's going on, buddy?"

Random thought of the day. Well, actually not to random since there is a connection between the two. Now to the not too random thought of the day. A few years ago, about the time of the release of Attack of the Clones I was up relatively late watching tv when I flipped past MTV. I stopped since they were talking about Star Wars. They were giving a quick recap of the Star Wars movies up to that point. When they got to the point of the end of "The Empire Strikes Back" they said something to the effect that Lando Calrissian was a good for nothing traitor. To which I automatically thought that he wasn't and that they were idiots for even thinking so.


True, for the longest time when I was little I thought that Lando was a traitor and for that was a horrible person. To tell the truth I hadn't given the whole "Lando is a traitor" thing much thought for a few years until I heard it on the idiot making channel.So what changed my thinking? Well, I had matured and had read several Star Wars novels, as well as watched the movies numerous times since I was little. Between those two things I must have unknowingly came to the conclusion that Lando did what he did for the good of the citizens of Cloud City and everyone else that was in the floating city. So is sacrificing a friend for the good of thousands of people that you have an obligation to truly justified? I think that it can't be fully justified but that if only one person is lost no matter how grudgingly for the majority of people concerned, even the person making the choice, for the good of the majority and the situation ends up working for the good in the long run than it was for the best.

|