Friday, June 02, 2006

What's that smell?

Ok, here's the review of sorts of Sasquatch. I thought it was a step or two up from Abdominal. What I mean by this is that it seems as if more money was spent on the production of it. Also the acting was better but that isn't saying a lot. Was it an outstanding movie overall? No, not really. I'm not saying that it was bad but if I had to rate it on a scale of 1-10, one being craptastic and ten being greater than great; I'd give it a 5.5. Simply because the acting was relatively believable but not award winning, the "special effects" were nothing spectacular. The sasquatch did look more ape-like and more plausible however looked a bit silly. What I mean is that it was less furry than what I typically imagine a sasquatch to look like.

I really wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone who dislikes inconsistencies. That's because towards the beginning of the movie the search party notices a horrible smell, this is about the time when we the audience sees an outline of the sasquatch through the trees. However this little fact seems to have been forgotten to the director and everyone else responsible for continuity. The reason that I even bring this up is that when the sasquatch is stalking the rescue party and they think that it's following them they forget to check for the smell.

|