Wednesday, May 25, 2005

In defense of Jar Jar...

It seems as if very few people like Jar Jar Binks. I can understand why they don't. I don't really think that he is a worthy addition to the Star Wars story. I do however think that if he didn't get so much screen time he'd be alright. To just outright hate him is a bit overboard. True, Jar Jar can be annoying at times, he got way to much screen time in Episode I, among a multitude of other reasons to dislike him. I think that most people haven't and still aren't giving him the chance that he deserves. Think about it for a moment. People were dissapointed in Episode I so they were/are probably taking it out on Jar Jar. Jar Jar is not on my favorite characters list, I just don't hate him like a lot of people seem to.
 
Despite all of his shortcomings Jar Jar does have his positive qualities. For starters Jar Jar is loyal. He sticks to those he loves even through the tough times. Jar Jar knows how to stick to his duty, even if he is sidetracked by a sith lord.
|