Sunday, August 28, 2005

"Beam me up Scotty."

 I was talking with a friend of mine, who is also psychology major, on the way back to the dorms from class the other day. The topic of discussion was telaporters. The reason that we were talking about this is that the psychology classes are in one of the two buildings farthest from the dorms. During the course of the discussion we wondered which direction the physical fitness the human race would take if telport technology were to ever become a practical science. Another thing that we discussed was the medical potential and risks that might go along with it. I know that that seems a bit nerdy but hey who cares. If the possibilities aren't discussed how will technology advance?
 
The thing that reminded me of this discussion was I was just did a Google search for Isaac Asimov and obviously there was a mention of The Three Laws of Robotics. The search was completely unrelated.  That reminded me of a thought that I had while my friend and I were discussing the medical potential for teleportation. My thought was shrinking the technology down to almost nanotechnology dimensions. Possible? I have absolutely no earthly idea, but it doesn't really matter because I'm just putting ideas out for you think about.
|