Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Operation Bar Press

On some level I'm surprised that some people don't change their behaviour. I say this because I hear them talking about how they speed and keep getting tickets for doing so. I almost always want to say "If you don't want tickets don't speed, you idiot." Or I hear how they, sometimes same people, get into accidents. It seems obvious to me that if they don't want their insurence to go up, that they should actually learn to drive. If they actually do so this type of stuff won't always be happening to them. Will they ever make the connection, if they haven't already? I don't know.

Well, if I were to agree with B.F. Skinner, who, I believe, didn't think that punishment actually worked in the long run, than this type of behaviour shouldn't surprise me.

|